A great opening for a Trainee/Assistant Garment Technologist to join an established menswear supplier with own manufacturing and 3rd party resource. You will gain experience on multi apparel and a varied customer base. A passion for menswear and tailoring would be advantageous!
Trainee/Assistant Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Part of a busy team to support two senior garment technologists. To attend regular meetings with sales, design & product development and customers to understand development needs and effectively put into work any new samples required.
- Attend fit sessions, taking notes and communicating comments to customers & factories.
- Handle all submissions and approvals, lap dips, test reports.
- Assist/produce clear and detailed technical specifications, and prepare technical packs for factories.
- Ensure all technical information is kept up to date, samples and production samples & any necessary revisions are made following sample reviews internally or by customers.
- Monitor samples through the development process using the critical path to ensure that they meet deadline dates, are to a high quality standard and meet all required specifications.
- Maintain office administration procedures and systems.
- Opportunity to travel.
Trainee/Assistant Technologist - Candidate Requirements:
- Ideal applicant will have fashion or garment related degree or similar study, and 6-12months practical industry experience
- A passion for menswear and knowledge of tailoring would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of garment construction, ensuring standards are matched to customer specification through liaison with factory, customer and colleagues
- Highly organised. Attentive to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage key deadlines.
- Self-motivated, someone who thrives on responsibility.
- A problem solver who can work independently, and as part of the technical team with a good sense of humour!
- Dependent on experience level. Ability to travel UK/offshore as required, covering customer meetings and factory visits.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 11713 AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.