An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Uniform Design and Production Manager to head up our Uniform Team, Caprice Holdings & Birley Clubs based in Fitzrovia, London.
We are looking for a creative individual, with a flair for fashion and fabrics to manage our incredible in-house team in creating luxury seasonal fashion collections for sites such as Annabel’s, Brasserie of Light, Ivy Asia in London & Manchester and Circus.
This is a fast-paced environment, with multiple amazing projects throughout the seasons, with lots of opportunity to develop your fashion and production skills.
The main responsibilities of the Uniform Design and Production Manager will include;
- Working directly with the Chairman to create uniform collections.
- Head of the Uniform Department, directing all projects.
- Managing the collections from development to completion, directing research, design, development, production, delivery, styling, implementation, after care and ongoing stock levels/replenishment.
- Management of multiple uniform collections across the Birley Clubs, Caprice Holdings and Troia restaurants.
- Managing the allocation of tasks across the team and Freelance/Consultant workers.
- Responsible for understanding the teams needs and recruitment.
- Managing team members training and development.
- Managing supplier relationships for fabrics, garment sampling and production.
- Research and source new fabric suppliers.
- Responsible for sourcing/ordering all fabrics, managing delivery and sending for production.
- Management of the uniform budgets, keeping the Chairman updated on costs during fabric selection/production meetings.
- Effective liaison with Finance to ensure budgets are adhered to and they are kept updated on any changes, or additional costs.
- Design each collection, creating a coherent seasonal look which reflects the brand.
- Understand the individual brands and the importance of their design.
- Be up to date with fashion trends.
- Understanding of men’s and women’s tailoring and luxury ready to wear
- Mood board presentation
- Visit trade fairs and design stores to identify new supplies.
- Manage sampling phase.
- Manage all production logs, project timelines, sending of fabrics, chasing of orders, trouble shooting and delivery to site.
- General Administration
Ideally the successful candidate will:
- Possess a Fashion / Interior or Textile Design degree / qualification
- Have fabric knowledge and experience essential, interior fabrics would be beneficial
- Understanding of garment construction, plus basic pattern cutting.
- Experience of product development would be advantageous
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft office essential, knowledge of Photoshop desirable
- Hands on and can-do attitude essential
- Able to take direction from Chairman but also work under own initiative.
- Good numerical skills required, with experience of managing budgets preferred
- Manage tight deadlines and prioritise changing workflows.
- Clear and concise communicator
The successful candidate will need to be a confident communicator with excellent written skills and telephone manner. We are looking for a team player who is well-presented and enthusiastic. The ability to work to tight timelines and have excellent attention detail is essential as accuracy is essential.
If you are looking to work in a fast paced, growing Company and want to develop your knowledge and skills and keen to progress this could be your ideal next opportunity.