Visual Merchandising Team Manager
OKA is a successful multi-channel retailer of beautiful, unique and affordable furniture and accessories for the home. Today we have 14 stores and an extensive mail order, online, interior design and trade business with many thousands of customers throughout the UK and the world beyond.
We are in search of the ideal individual who has experience as managing a team to join our exciting and expanding business. Reporting to our Head of Visual merchandising and store design, the Visual Merchandising Team Manager will supervise the team and ensure that all VM operations run smoothly and in the most efficient and effective manner, delivering the highest possible standards, through the effective development, management and leadership of the department’ human resources, equipment and provisions. The Visual Merchandising Team Manager will also be pro-active in maintaining and/or improving the department’ profitability in accordance with OKA’s policies, procedures and standards.
Skills and qualification requirements
- Sound Experience (at least 2 years) leading a team within a retail environment ideally in a similar/high end environment,
- VM experience is not necessary but will be considered a strong advantage in order to analyse merchandising reports, create instructive tools and guidelines, and deliver a pragmatic approach and ability to translate VM strategy into concise principles,
- Strong managerial skills such as organisational skills, the ability to work with tight deadlines, and able to take ownership of the team,
- Strong leadership skills such as communication (both written & spoken; very good command of English), but also motivation and able to evaluate people performances,
- Project management experience will also be considered an advantage, including new store opening, delivering projects within a target driven environment as well as dealing with various third party contractors,
- Commercial understanding of retail trends and styling direction,
- Experience of operating in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment,
- Competent IT skills (Office); knowledge of Photoshop, VectorWorks or CAD is desirable,
- Good eye for display design; a keen interest in furniture and home furnishings; good DIY skills; able to lift furniture,
- Pleasant and friendly professional; excellent team player,
- Desirable: have design and/or interiors qualifications,
If successful, you will be part of a fast-paced business which recognises that people and employee engagement is essential to drive OKA’s business forward. In turn, OKA will reward your hard-work and commitment with real recognition, great benefits and opportunities for progression.
To apply please click above and attach your CV with covering letter explaining why you would be interested in the role.
DUE TO A HIGH RESPONSE OF APPLICATIONS, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO CONTACT SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES