As the Wholesale Territory Manager for Japan, you will be responsible for managing and developing wholesale business with new and existing retail partners throughout Japan.
The successful individual can be based in London, Paris or Japan and will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in contemporary or luxury fashion specialising in Women's Ready-to-Wear. Existing buyer relationships in Japan are also essential. Stockists currently include; Barneys Japan, Tomorrowland, United Arrows, Three Dots Turquoise, Maidens, Good Wood, Sparq and Estnation.
Native Japanese or bi-lingual or fully fluent Japanese/English language skills are essential with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This renowned international luxury fashion wholesale agency offers an integrated solution to global fashion wholesale. From emerging contemporary and luxury ready-to-wear labels to established international brands they take pride in providing bespoke, high-level support and strategic advice and are currently enjoying global sales growth as consumers reignite their passion for inspiring responsible fashion that is designed to last.
- Actively drive seasonal sales with existing Japanese retailers whilst developing new retail partnerships in Japan.
- Setting the sales strategy for the brands alongside the department Directors.
- Set and be responsible for annual and seasonal sales targets by store and country with overview from the Global Sales Director.
- Analyse and present weekly, monthly and seasonal data.
- Work closely to support both the brands and the retailers providing relevant advice and support or feedback to the brands.
- Manage key decisions on behalf of the brand relating to distribution, payment terms, growth strategy, brand and collection development.
- Provide competitor analysis to ensure each brand has a commercial product offering at the right price point and is presented in the most effective way.
- Monitoring and maintaining sell-through in existing stores and action stock swaps returns, etc.
- Schedule and prioritise in-store training and trunk shows to ensure the brands are represented correctly at all times.
- Travel to Paris for the seasonal sales markets.
- Occasional travel to London.
- Work in tandem with the head office and wholesale admin support teams.
- Account Manager or Senior Account Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience in contemporary or luxury wholesale specialising in women’s ready-to-wear.
- Passion for beautifully crafted responsible fashion.
- Native Japanese speaker or bi-lingual Japanese/English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in wholesale negotiations, margins and pricing structures for the Japanese market.
- Established relationships with luxury Japanese retailers.
- Positive and persuasive skilled in building long-lasting customer relationships.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work to seasonal deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload effectively.
- Target-driven with strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to work longer hours during the selling season and to travel abroad.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: £ in line with experience + seasonal bonus + benefits
- 22 days holiday (increasing with each year of service) + 8 bank holidays
- Clothing allowance.
- In-house lunch (London only).
- Private healthcare (London only).
- Ride-to-work scheme (London only).