As Senior Ready-to-Wear Designer you will be working closely with the Creative Director on the design of four seasonal collections from initial research to final sample with emphasis on draping and mock-ups. The successful designer will have a minimum of 5 years of design experience in Women’s Ready-To-Wear with an affinity for feminine architectural silhouettes and innovative detail.
The RTW collection comprises tailoring, soft wovens, knitwear and jersey complimenting a highly successful handbag collection with an opportunity for collaboration.
- Research in line with the seasonal brief including travel for inspirational shopping and to trade fairs for fabric sourcing.
- Prepare and present relevant research on shapes, colours, fabrics, trims and prints.
- Preparation of design concepts, presentation boards for meetings, inspirational concepts, raw materials, drapes, mock-ups and colours working closely with the Creative Director.
- Product design in alignment with the collection plan, pricing architecture, global sales objectives and calendar milestones.
- Ensure that all product information is clear and accurately communicated for sample development.
- Ensure all lab dip and strike-off approvals are actioned on time in line with the calendar milestones.
- Travel to the factories in the UK and Europe to launch and oversee samples.
- Participate in in-house fittings with the Garment Technologist and Creative Director.
- Degree in Fashion Design specialising in Womenswear.
- A minimum of 5 years of luxury-level design experience specialising in Women's RTW.
- An excellent eye for colour and feminine architectural silhouettes.
- Commercial experience evolving ideas on the stand and via mock-ups.
- Good understanding of pattern, drape and garment construction.
- Proficiency in hand sketching, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience working closely with a Creative Director to interpret seasonal themes, adhering to the collection plan and margin requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to express ideas clearly and confidently.
- Experience in meeting calendar timelines.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multitask.
- A flexible, positive, team player with a can-do attitude.
Please note that employer sponsorship is not a possibility at this time.