My client is an extremely successful premium Womenswear Retailer, based in Spain and they are looking for a Womenswear Accessories Director to oversee the Buying and Designing of the Accessories Collection, including budget management, consumer knowledge in order to meet the sales, margin and sales targets.
• Plan the buying structure and product selection
• Analyse the previous year’s sales and the season’s key trends.
• Initial proposal for the collection structure to the design department
• Plan which suppliers will be involved in producing the collection
• Work with the design team on the final product selection.
• Define the final buying structure once the product has been selected
Negotiating and planning with suppliers
• Assign each item to a specific supplier in accordance with their capacity and standard
• Negotiate prices and delivery dates with suppliers
• Monitor production to ensure compliance with the agreed terms and conditions.
• Carry out the sample fittings with the pattern/quality and design teams and to provide the suppliers with feedback
Monitoring sales and the buying budget
• Monitor the buying budget in accordance with key indicators
• Monitor sales and product decisions such as repetitions, new and special products
Supervising design team
• Research fashion trend information to ensure an innovative collection
• Inspiration shopping trips to top reference cities for the brand.
• Research, development and selection of the fabrics
• Follow up the development process of the samples
• Product development trips to production countries, to guarantee the fulfillment of the timing and qualities.
• Interact with other departments of the brand to get a clear vision of what the collection needs.
Education and experience
Higher education qualification in Economics, Business Administration and Management or Business Studies.
Experience in Product development within a Luxury Brand on Womens Leather bags.
High quality orientation
Management experience in buying, and an orientation towards Design/Product development
Experience working with leather goods
If you're interested in this amazing opportunity, then please apply asap