n exciting opportunity has presented for a Womenswear Designer to be part of the UK fastest growing lifestyle brands. If you share a passion for designing great product influenced by incredible outdoor surroundings, this position could be for you.
Womenswear Designer – The Job Opportunity:
- To research, design and develop new trends for the multi category womenswear collection.
- Managing the critical path to ensure that design and sampling deadlines are met
- Working closely with the Head of Design and Director to plan the creative and print direction of the brand
- Working with and briefing the in house print/ graphic designers for womenswear apparel and co-ordinating accessories.
- Trend and competitor research including tradeshow visits and comp shops
- Range planning and presentation of ranges for sign off
- Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers including overseas travel for fabric and sample development
- Completing detailed tech packs
- Negotiating and agreeing prices with suppliers including price range reviews
- Commenting on samples from first proto through to photo sample including fit reviews
- Working with the marketing on the seasonal catalogue and photoshoot
Womenswear Designer – The Person Specification:
- Previous experience within womenswear design (min 2-3 years experience) ideally from within a similar brand or retail environment
- Ideal applicant will have design experience within the leisure, lifestyle, or outdoor apparel market.
- Enthusiastic, creative individual who shares the brand values, ability to translate trends, and inspires those around them
- Well organised, to manage the critical path process from concept to sampling
- Confident presentation skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator) and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication. A great team player!
- Must be able to travel UK and abroad as required
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – email@example.com quoting our reference: 11659 AA.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.