A large retailer is looking for an expat womenswear (multi product) designer to be part of their growing team.
They are looking for someone with design and product development background to join them in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The ideal candidate will be an experienced designer with strong UK commercial high street handwriting.
- Conduct research, analyse competition and gather customer requirements to assist in the development of product strategy. Identify gaps in the current offering
- Work with head office buying and design teams to understand the needs of the customer with the aim to develop products to meet them
- Ensure initial samples and critical path deadlines are met
- Help in managing the product offer from Sri Lanka
- Develop a good understanding of local factories, mills in terms of their machinery, capabilities, prices, lead times and product offerings
- Be responsible for working with fabric mills and sourcing fabric
- Apply new printing/embellishment techniques
Womenswear Designer- the person:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be from a strong design and product development background within womenswear ideally from a retail background in both graphics as well as garments
- Be experienced in fabric sourcing, have an understanding of fabric types, new printing techniques and washes
- Be willing to take on an international role, and live and work out of Colombo
- Be a self starter and can work with minimal supervision
This is an expat role with a very successful global retailer.
What's on offer:
Life as an expat in Colombo, Sri Lanka is fantastic! You will live and work in a central location with access to all amenities, beautiful beaches and have a lovely quality of life. The team is young and the culture is very casual and 'open door'. Remuneration includes a good salary, monthly rent, insurance cover, a home trip back to UK every year in addition to 3-4 work trips to UK, and amazing shopping trips to Paris, South Korea, Tokyo, Los Angeles! Not to mention amazingly low tax rates! (12-14%)
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and up to date portfolio.