Womenswear Designer (Jersey)
My client is looking for a driven and ambitious Womenswear Designer, with an excellent knowledge of jersey, a keen eye for trends and an excellent level of taste. The ideal candidate will also be passionate about constantly creating new ideas for their customer.
This exciting opportunity has arisen with a lovely supplier of high street fashion, based in Leicestershire.
Womenswear Designer (Jersey) – The Role:
- You will design commercial, fashion focussed womenswear collections for one of their largest and most exciting high street accounts.
- You will be working across casual and formal jersey womenswear.
- Researching and identifying latest key trends, catwalks influences to inspire and develop new ranges, and to compliment and drive forward existing product lines.
- You will liaise with customer on all aspects of design work and in turn help to develop product that is right for the customer by working with all of the product, fabric and graphic teams.
- You will be working in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Working closely with buying and merchandising teams to source, present and select commercial ranges.
- Excellent progression opportunities.
Womenswear Designer (Jersey) - The Candidate:
- This position is looking for solid previous womenswear design experience working within jerseywear. Ideal candidates will have 5+ years’ experience since graduating from University.
- Ideal candidate will have a design related Degree.
- I am looking for a candidate with a real eye for fashion and translating trends.
- You will be a well organised, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc.
- Proficient on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, adaptable to change and able to work closely with buyers and present your idea's, requiring a confident, 'can do' attitude to your work. Have experience of working closely with overseas factories.
- You must also be an effective communicator & team player to step into this challenging role and be confident at building good internal and external relationships.
- Happy to travel regularly to overseas factories and suppliers.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - email@example.com quoting our reference: 11651 KK
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
£Dependent Upon Experience