Recruiting for a talented woven/textile Designer to create beautiful wools/cloths for tailoring cloth and clothing.
Based within the historic Weaving Mill setting, working for a company with 150years of experience, you will be designing fabrics for supply to international clientele, designer brands and for own clothing range.
This opportunity is set in the amazing location of Donegal on the Atlantic Coast, and would ideally suit someone trained in textile/fabric design and is looking for a lifestyle move, or has worked in the UK/ elsewhere and now wants to return to Ireland.
Woven Fabric Designer – The Job Outline
- Keeping abreast of current trends and markets.
- Introduce newness and innovation
- Design and develop fabrics to customer specifications, from concept to finished cloth.
- Prepare and lead presentations, to manage existing customers/new customer meetings to ‘sell-in’.
- Manage the critical path, approval of yarns, colour standards etc.
Woven Fabric Designer – The Person Specification
- Degree in Textiles or woven design specialism
- A passion for fabric and textiles with a keen eye for colour, design and originality
- Experience within similar role working directly with Mills
- Experience designing either woven accessory, apparel or technical fabrics will be considered.
- The ability to interpret and translate customer briefs correctly.
- Computer literate with CAD experience and software knowledge ie Apso, or Scotweave.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as and when.
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter and examples of your folio to email@example.com quoting reference: 12285AA
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.