Senior HR Advisor
A BIT ABOUT
Operating at the heart of our business, Shared Services offer efficiencies to all of our Brands by providing centralised resources and competitive synergies for the Group. The Shared Services teams work across all Brands and are responsible for a huge range of activities from delivering product to over 30 countries worldwide, to achieving award winning store designs and handling 100,000 Customer Care calls each year. Within Shared Services there are over 1,000 employees working across 16 distinctive departments including IT, Finance, HR, Logistics, PR, Property, Digital and Purchasing.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior HR Officer/Advisor to join the TOPSHOP HR team. You will play a key role in the development and delivery of the Brand HR strategy.
You will help contribute to the overall success of the Brand, working as a business partner alongside the Management Team.
Your personality and approach is as important as your experience. You need to be resilient yet flexible, commercial yet empathetic, professional, driven and focused with your sights firmly set on achieving results.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Partnering with the recruitment team to drive the grade 1-8 recruitment needs for your business areas.
- Developing effective relationships with recruitment partners internally
- Developing processes and recruitment materials along with your recruitment partner to ensure an informative, speedy and inspirational recruitment experience.
- Managing and co-ordinating key activity including annual Pay Review, Bonus and Competency Sign-offs with full accountability for the accuracy of data/achievement of deadlines.
- Building a comprehensive knowledge of the pay, grade and benefits structures, advising and influencing the line on increases and producing persuasive salary and grade proposals.
- Using resources available to keep up-to-date with market rate information, making recommendations where appropriate and highlighting any potential issues.
- Driving, managing and co-ordinating Brand aligned Reward and Recognition initiatives to drive employee engagement.
- Providing employee relations advice to managers and employees in line with current Employment Legislation and in line with Arcadia Group policies and procedures, ensuring they are consistently applied at all times.
- Take a commercial approach to issues that arise and partner with the line manager for a resolution
Learning & Development
- Co-ordinating and leading regular talent management meetings across your business areas to drive succession planning.
- Working with the Brand to provide relevant training solutions to meet the needs of the business, including design and delivery of ad-hoc courses as well as design and facilitation of Away Days, Development days and team building eventsSupporting the line to ensure comprehensive induction programmes are organised for all new starters
- Building strong relationships with the TOPSHOP Head Office teams, generating a network of contacts throughout the brand and involving them in the design and delivery of HR activity.
- Developing strong business partner relationships with your business areas Heads Of and Directors.
- Providing strong leadership and direction of HR Assistants, motivating the team to achieve high performance.Coaching and developing the team.
- Ownership of Brand headcount, including liaising with Central Costs Manager, monthly reporting, and working with department heads to proactively manage and resolve headcount queries
- Proven generalist HR experience, preferably in a fast paced, creative environment
- Must have Head Office business parenting experience – partnering the Buying function would be a distant advantage!
- Solid understanding of employment law and recruitment practices, ideally CIPD qualified
- Ability to influence at all levels, experience of influencing senior stakeholders is a must
- Ability to combine a creative, innovative approach with commercial ideas.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision and guidance.
- Ability to build strong, credible relationships quickly, and to be trusted at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver with impact
- High attention to detail and quick at identifying priorities
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Innovative approach to finding and proposing credible solutions to HR issues
THE EXCITING PART
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- A special treat when you join us!
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we
Apply for Senior HR Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly