Buying Director North West England Role for a company that specialise in sourcing and manufacturing quality products and are a leading international grocery supplier to millions of consumers across Europe.
The business are one that have experienced much growth in recent years and pride themselves on being a leader in their sector. They are a massive company with a head-office in the UK and various other offices across Europe.
As a Buying Director, you will be responsible for maximising sales and profit through effective direction and management of all product related aspects and be KPI driven.
You will be expected to maintain and grow a best-in-class commercial team, ensuring delivery of the full business plan with clear direction in line with company values. Development and implementation of the product plan and retail sales strategy will be crucial as well as ensuring structures, systems and procedures are in place to implement agreed strategies.
Responsibilities to include:
- Definition and execution of effective buying strategy for each product category that delivers range cohesion and drives the agreed sales, margin and delivery targets whilst reflecting market forces such as pricing, competitor and consumer trends
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure high service levels and optimum terms and conditions
- Ensure that existing ranges of products are sourced efficiently, maximising sales and profitability, maintaining their reputation
- Ensure product range plans reflect customer needs
- Work closely with the Group Director to ensure a strategic plan and high standard at all times to maximise sales
- Develop a sales and promotional programmes that maximises sales reflecting the needs of our customer as well as supplier relationships
- Be comfortable with high-level presentations to the board
You should demonstrate a track record in operating at Head of Trading/Head of Buying/Buying/Trading Director level with the ability to buy both domestically and internationally. Ideally you will have worked for a food retailer at some point in your career and be familiar with working with all departments of the business. A strategic thinker is required with the ability to articulate a clear vision for the business and have a professional approach at all times.
Package:- £80,000 - £100,000 with all the usual add on benefits
Buying Director North West England