As Women’s Knitwear Designer you will be responsible for the design of a wide range of fully fashioned knits reflecting the latest trends in color, yarn and silhouette whilst achieving Style, Fit, Craftsmanship and Sustainability expectations in line with brand handwriting. This growing brand have created several new Women’s Knitwear Designer positions across their trend driven teenage fashion, fashion forward and modern contemporary brands.
The ideal candidates will have at least 5 years’ experience in designing fast fashion commercial trend inspired knitwear.
- Identify brand appropriate trends in colour, yarn, stitch technique and silhouette.
- Translate inspiration from the seasonal trend presentation into monthly trend boards, including silhouettes, yarns, colour palettes and stitch techniques aligning with the Merchandising and Marketing brief.
- Review current iconic styles to correctly gauge how far to renew the product from season to season. Always probe for newness but protect the winners.
- Work closely with the PM to analyze the customer environment and insights through regular store visits and observations of customer behaviour, preferences and needs, etc.
- Anticipate and act upon current and future customer needs.
- Trend intelligence gathering inspired by fashion magazines, TV shows, catwalks, trade fairs and social media.
- Design into the line plan creating inspirational, commercial, on-brand designs. Provide input at the pre-seasonal fabric/yarn strategy meeting to support the PM in building the collection structure.
- Formulate and prepare trend boards for discussion with PM at the colour trend alignment workshop, including sketches of window, brochure and look book styles.
- Follow the design and development process from initial sketch, to product pack creation and final sample, working with Merchandisers/Buyers, Technical Designers and Sourcing partners in line with the critical path.
- Approve samples from a commercial & aesthetical point of view at buy meetings to ensure an effective and efficient sample flow.
- Participate and contribute to the bi-annual overseas development trip.
- Provide input with sketches or samples for support sign-off by PM/Buyer/Merchant at the first edit workshop.
- Provide support as required in preparation for the commercial collection sign-off of contract samples.
- Knitwear Designer with at least 5 years experience designing for a womenswear fast fashion retailer.
- Strength and expertise in designing multi-product fully fashioned knitwear.
- Fluent English essential.
- Proficient use of Adobe Illustrator, MS Word and Excel. Strong working knowledge of fabrics, trims, colour, garment construction, finishes and processes.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Flexible approach with good problem solving capability.
- Demonstrate strong verbal, organization and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through in execution.
- Positive team player capable of working independently in fast paced environment.