This job is no longer available
Fashion conscious High Street retailer seeks an ambitious Knitwear Designer to cover women’s and menswear. Children’s knitwear knowledge would also be a bonus.
• Strong understanding of the design process from concept to sampling
• Research, select and develop new yarns, trims etc and design mood boards and colour palettes
• Planning and creating ranges
• Presenting ranges and developments to buyers and directors
• Manage development of appropriate product and sampling within critical path deadlines
• Create technical packs and making sure that all suppliers have relevant information
• Attend fit sessions
• Competitive shopping, keeping up-to-date on market trends
• Some international travel will be required
• Liaising with Turkish manufacturers
• Manage and develop a small team
The ideal candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English, and will be commercial, enthusiastic with a keen eye for design, who knows who their customer is and can create dynamic and innovative collections.
You must possess strong garment construction knowledge and be proficient in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator and be able to work within a fast passed and demanding environment.
If you are interested then please email your CV in Word format along with relevant artwork.