This job has now expired
Due to continued growth, Republic is seeking experienced Buyers to join our team in Leeds.
The role is responsible for exceeding customers’ expectations and achieving margin and profit targets through the development and sourcing of a commercial range in line with the company and department strategy.
- Deliver planned margin across brand through cost price negotiation, cost effective supply solutions and achievement of full price or planned promotion sales
- Monitor performance of brand against plan, proposing appropriate action to maximise sales and profit
- Evaluate market, sales history and customer information together with forward trends to develop the department’s strategy
- Predict best sellers and identify core pillars. Test customer reaction to products to ensure it WOW’s
- Develop and agree plans in partnership with the Merchandiser that achieve sales and profit targets and implement the agreed strategy for the brands
- In conjunction with the brand Merchandiser, source and build a balanced, commercial and profitable range for the brand within the agreed framework
- Support range presentations to cross departmentally as required. Ensure product quality is to agreed standards
- Continuously monitor market activity, including regular competitor shop visits, and gather market intelligence from a wide variety of sources taking appropriate commercial action
- Support in the implementation of the agreed strategy for flexibility that enables an in-season response to sales trends, profit plan and supply base changes
- Identify potential suppliers and negotiate commercially viable contracts build and maintain effective and mutually beneficial working relationships. Negotiate and manage the recovery of supplier contribution
- Initiate regular supplier performance reviews, and contribute to future supplier strategies. Ensure regular liaison with factories
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Proven experience gained at Buyer level within a fast fashion retail environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of fashion and understanding of Republics target customer
- Proven ability of working with and leveraging supplier bases
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to quickly identify, understand and realise opportunities
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Results driven
- A genuine passion for buying, retail and fashion
We are different and growing fast!
By offering a distinct mix of the hottest trends, brands, quality and value, our aim is to be Europe’s number one retailer of the most popular fashion for young people. Whether they are looking for clothes for hanging out or going out, we understand our customers want a shopping experience that makes it easy to express themselves through fashion.
Republic is about fashion that makes moments memorable. We are the ones dancing at the party, not standing sullenly in the corner.
We are the Republic of what’s hot right now.