Trainee Buyer - Kidswear
Trainee Buyer - Kidswear
Cheshunt and Welwyn Garden City
Help millions of online customers to enjoy the latest fashion through Clothing at Tesco – a rapidly growing e-commerce business that’s part of the world’s largest retailer.
With your help, we want to establish F&F as one of the biggest global fashion brands online.
We’re not your average online clothes retailer. Our range is updated every 6-8 weeks with the latest trends, whether it’s our F&F label or top name brands – all at the price and quality that Tesco customers expect.
You’ll join a team of people who love working in online fashion. They’re a trendy bunch with high expectations and they’re ready to help you grow your career.
• On our Buying Programme, you'll learn how to build relationships and negotiate with suppliers to buy and develop ranges of quality products or services. You'll be supported by our experienced buying teams all the way, and work towards becoming a product expert, eventually managing your own range of products.
• The job will involve building relationships with key suppliers, developing product and negotiating great deals and prices with suppliers across the globe. You'll get involved with analysing market data and competitor activities, launching promotions and ensuring that products land in stores effectively.
• Although you are given a great deal of responsibility from the start, you are not expected to do this alone. You will have a great support network in the form of your line manager, mentor, your wider team and other graduates.
• Our Programme has been designed to give you the opportunity to develop the potential we identified at the assessment centre to become a Buyer, Senior Buyer and a future Head of Buying, managing your own full range.
• We are looking for applicants who have the potential to successfully lead a team in the future. You will need to demonstrate that you have a good understanding of our business, our customers and the industries in which we compete.
• 2.1 BA, BSc degree or equivalent (open to all degree subjects)
• Passion for product
• A highly effective analytical and decision making ability
• Great communication and negotiation skills
• Drive and ambition
• Great organisational skills and the ability to multitask
• The ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own
• A full driving licence
If working in fashion with some of the best in the business isn’t enough, you could also get the opportunity to:
• Share in our success with a profit sharing and bonus scheme
• Save money with exclusive staff discounts and a Privilege Card
• Plan for the future with a pension scheme and life assurance
• Get discounted rates on health cash plans, dental cover and private medical insurance