This job is no longer available
This is an exciting and challenging new position suited to someone who is keen to become involved in the expansion of the Beyond Retro brand through manufacturing and the continued development of our vintage product.
As Product Development Coordinator you will be expected to:
- Conduct independent design research.
- Create initial designs.
- Create tech packs and specs from scratch - communicating design ideas and managing all aspects of sampling stage.
- See design ideas through to production, managing each sample stage - approving trims, fabrics and fits.
- Ensure the setup and implementation of quality control standards.
- Liaise with head office to ensure smooth and timely delivery of product from overseas supplier to stores.
- Liaise with stores managers and VM team to ensure product is displayed to maximise sales.
- Head small short run external manufacturing projects.
- Produce and present a monthly summary of goals and new ideas.
- Be responsible for project deadlines and production.
- Assist with research for trend and product reports.
- Be able to travel internationally throughout the year
A Key goal: Create and manage a line of product that fulfils an on-trend product demand that we are unable to find in our vintage supply. This will be met by reworking our existing supply to make new designs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years fashion manufacturing experience and an understanding of production planning.
- A back ground in fashion textiles.
- Excellent organizational skills and be highly motivated.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Experience in supervising a small team.
- A firm grasp of catwalk and high street trends and ability to translate into commercial ideas for our customer.
- Good knowledge of garment construction across multi-product - mens, womens, and accessories.
- CAD skills , Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Have intermediate excel skills.
- Proven experience in critical path management.
- A passion for vintage clothing.
The role will suit someone calm and level headed with a creative drive who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
Email your CV and a letter outlining why you would be suitable for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details of your current salary.