Fabric Development Director
Our client is America's premier accessible luxury accessories brand and a leader in international markets. They design and market high quality, modern accessories that complement the diverse lifestyles of today's consumer. They have a fantastic opportunity for a Fabric Development Director to work at their head office in New York.
Fabric Development Director - The Role:
- To provide a continuous flow of innovative fabric and trim development for a collection.
- The Fabric Development Director would be responsible for the development of all new design ideas through to the commercialisation.
- Work creatively ahead of season to bring newness in fabric and trim development to the design and fabric teams
- Work with design teams and design development of each area to be sure concepts are being covered and timelines are being met
- Manage International travel to the Asian and European mills to ensure that the research for the season is in line with required aesthetics
- Ensure that all global sourcing routes are workable for all fabrics and trims:
- Ensure the fabric development is in line with sourcing and pricing strategy
- Partner with VP, DVP and the Fabric Production area to determine what mills to assort development based on mills capabilities and capacities
- Work with Asian mills to improve capabilities of achieving required aesthetics and advanced techniques
- Work with design team closely to create fabric reference libraries for both fabric and trims
Fabric Development Director - The Candidate:
- 10 years research and development experience within textile industry
- Strong understanding of design and especially woven fabrics
- Previous experience with global fabric development
- Solid knowledge of fabric constructions and types
- Ability to understand mill capabilities to thoroughly direct development into most appropriate locations
- High energy level, team player with ability to motivate and lead a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Fabric Development Director - The Package:
- Salary c £90k + depending on experience
- Great benefits within a dynamic work environment.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted