This job is no longer available
Menswear Designer - Woven's
Up to £50,000
A Luxury Accessories and Menswear Brand are looking to recruit a Menswear Designer - Woven's in London.
Menswear Designer - Woven's - The Role:
You will manage the design process, from first concept through to the point of product sign off against an agreed design/development brief and critical path. Working with the Product Development Team with the ultimate aim of delivering creative and commercial Men's Woven collections to enhance the brand DNA.
* Research and development, in conjunction with Menswear design team, of seasonal / continuity / flash design concepts / directions / themes / fabrics / colours and the creation of mood boards and presentation tools (to include Product Range List), in line with company strategy
* Responsible for design and the ongoing management of the design process for Woven Outerwear and Casual trousers and Links collection through to final approval and production of samples, ensuring set timescales are adhered to in conjunction with the design team and product managers
* Working with the Product Managers for Casual wear to meet the design and costing requirements as detailed in the menswear commercial brief
* Working with the Product Managers on the sourcing of fabrics, trims and components
* To liaise and co-ordinate with the Product Managers through every stage of the development process
* Assist in the initial creation of the Bill of Material document in conjunction with the Product Managers
* To interface with garment technologists w. regards to size specifications, technical construction and the suitability of fabric for end use
* Responsible for maintaining a consistent and commercial look within the menswear category
* Presentation of collections as required
* Assist with the merchandising of showrooms
* Assist with the styling of the collection for shows, presentations and marketing/promotional tool
* Day to day managing, and development of Assistant Designer - Casualwear
* Accountable for relevant T&E budget
Menswear Designer - Woven's - The Candidate:
* Significant experience of working in a woven's designer role
* Experience of working in casualwear
* Preferred - experience of working within Europe or the U.S.
* Strong technical knowledge of fabrics and trims and European mills
* Strong technical design skills and understanding of Outerwear
* Good computer/graphic skills, including Illustrator and Photoshop
If you are able to offer all the above and would like to discuss this career opportunity as a Menswear Designer - Woven's in more detail, please apply with your CV immediately.
Talk to us on Twitter @FSRLHeadOffice about this role and more!
Due to the extremely high volume of applicants for this role we will only be able to contact successful candidates.