3 days left
- Job Type
As Womenswear Designer you will be working in a vibrant team environment responsible for designing young fast fashion, trend inspired dresses and soft separates reflecting a feminine casual handwriting for monthly deliveries to global stores.
The successful womenswear designer will have at least 3-5 years’ experience in designing commercially successful young fashion dresses and soft separates (wovens) for a fast fashion retailer. Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and fluent English are both essential.
- Identify suitable trends in colour, fabric, print and silhouette.
- Translate inspiration from the seasonal trend presentation into monthly trend boards across silhouette, fabric, colour palettes, etc., in line with the Merchant/ Marketing brief.
- Review customer analysis and bestselling styles with team gauging how far to renew the product from season to season. Always probe for newness but protect the winners.
- Liaising with the PM, analyse the Customer environment and insights through regular Store visits and observations of the Customer's behaviour, preferences and needs, etc.
- Anticipate and act upon current and future customer needs.
- Proactively drive market intelligence through research and analysis based on fashion magazines, TV shows, Catwalks, trade fairs and social media channels.
- Bring the merchant Line Plan to life by leading the design and development of desirable product that inspires the customer.
- Liaise with Merchandise Planning, Allocation and Sourcing on Line Planning in cross-functional team meetings.
- Provide input at the Pre-Seasonal Fabric Meeting supporting the PM in building the collection structure.
- Execute the design and development process from sketch to product pack creation and final sample, partnering with Merchants/Buyers, Technical Designers and Sourcing to ensure product packs and sample approval are completed in a timely manner.
- Participate and contribute to bi-annual development trips.
- Provide input with sketches or samples to support sign-off by PM/ Buyer/Merchant.
- Support in preparation for the Commercial Collection Sign-Off by providing contract samples.
- Ensure that all products meet expectations in Style, Fit, Craftsmanship and Sustainability.
- Ensure styles are cohesive, appropriate, feminine and free of exaggerations.
- Protect and grow the brand handwriting in terms of style and quality.
- Womenswear Designer with 3-5 years’ experience working for a women’s fast fashion retailer designing dresses and soft separates (wovens).
- Fluent in English and Adobe Illustrator.
- Commercial and creative individual who thrives in a positive corporate environment.
- Keen commercial eye with the ability to identify the market relevant trends.
- Strong sense of colour, fabric and silhouette.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal, organization and written communication skills.
- Effective attention to detail and follow through in execution.
- A positive, outgoing, energetic and motivational personality.