Junior Luxury Seamstress / Tailor
I have an exclusive opportunity for a Junior Seamstress to join a luxury ladies’ designer brand.
You will ideally have 12 months’ industry or placement experience and be familiar with stitching and trims, you will be working with cashmere double, fabric, knitted and any other type of fabric, leather, pelt and more.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, copying, or adapting designs for garments, and design patterns to fit measurements, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabric.
- Sewing garments, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
- Maintaining garment drape and proportions as alterations are performed. Sewing buttonholes and attach buttons to finish garments. Put in padding and shaping materials if needed.
- Assembling garment parts and join parts with basting stitches, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
- Pressing garments, using hand irons or pressing machines.
- Estimating how much a garment will cost to make, based on factors such as time and material requirements. Keeping a well organised database of patterns and costs estimate for all collection ever produced
- Measuring customers, using tape measures, and record measurements.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to further their career with a specialist luxury brand.
If you have the relevant experience for this role, please click the apply button to send your CV to Hannah Kai, remembering to state your current salary and package.
Job Ref: HK-45012
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Apply for Junior Luxury Seamstress / Tailor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly