Fashion Forward Knitwear Designer
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and experienced Knitwear Designer looking for an exciting new opportunity in a Vibrant International City.
You will join one of the biggest international fashion companies to the UK High Street, working on ladies knitwear along with some children’s and menswear your focus will be the USA Market and a mix of core and fashion customers.
You will be extremely creative and trend driven, but also able to translate trends into commercial product. Personality is key, you will be confident at building relationships with your customers, and ready to step up to a challenging yet rewarding design role. Relocation is essential for this position.
- You will identify and translate the must have trends for fashion forward product
- Confidently translate trends into viable commercial styles
- Meet and build strong relationships with customers
- Understand knit construction, yarn characteristics and production constraints
- Produce detailed tech packs and brief suppliers confidently, work with the suppliers directly
- Produce artworks and presentation boards for customers
- Develop new yarns and styles
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business
- Regular travel on inspirational shopping trips
- You will be creative and trend driven with a good eye for colour
- You will have a commercial eye which complements your trend awareness
- Computer literate with strong CAD skills (freehand / Adobe Illustrator)
- You will have a proven background in Knitwear design
- You will be a team player and able to build relationships
- Experience at managing your own accounts in a customer facing role is essential
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
This is a fashion forward company with a long standing reputation, they supply to many of the big names internationally, this means this is a fast paced and exciting company, always striving to be a step ahead of the current trends. This is a great opportunity for a designer looking to take the next step in their career.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Fashion Forward Knitwear Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly