This fantastic opportunity looking to recruit a Product Developer with strong commercial awareness and a fast fashion background. You will be part of a rapidly growing brand/supplier with a unique USP and the development of mens/womens ‘exclusive’ FOMO ranges for the highstreet.
This position would appeal to someone interested in vintage fashion and recycling and brands such as Reformation, Nasty Gal, Religion, Ragged Priest, Stussy & Supreme.
Product Developer - Job Purpose
- To undertake fast commercial product development /monthly research collation / design work (NPD) allocated for customers.
- Support the Creative Director and Product Development Manager to ensure all product development activities are actioned effectively and appropriately
- Attend customer meetings and build strong relationships with focus on commercial interpretation and follow up of agreed actions and deadlines.
- To ensure selected styles are suitable for the supply base capabilities and delivery of margin targets through continual awareness of the supply base and focused margin aware sourcing of fabric and trim options for design and style proposals.
- To update all internal work systems and digital files, building the product range collateral of the business.
- To ensure detailed hand over to production team for all approved design work and the monitoring of the interpretations through testing, sample, fit and pre-production stages.
Product Developer - Key Responsibilities
- Provision of fast, commercial product development technical information and packs
- Clarify and resolve product development issues
- Adhere to commercial NPD processes & systems
- Deliver margin complaint style proposals and pre-production work
- Building in USP for the business through commercially available fabric and trim sourcing
- Build key customer relationships attending regular meetings for selection, fits and approvals
- Order on time suitable sample fabric and trim
- Ensure all style selection, order confirmation and pre-production processes. Ensure all new styles are communicated to sample team to ensure fast response. Meet regularly with the production team to monitor order progress of styles and attend to any issues which arise from the NPD work.
- Maintain market and competitor knowledge
- Provide regular output updates as required to the Product Development Manager
Product Developer – The Person Specification
- Previous experience within a similar product developer / development led role (min. 2years).
- A background within fast fashion supply (mens / ladies) ideally to the likes of TopShop, Urban Outfitters, ASOS, Zalando, Zara or online providers.
- Good knowledge & awareness of fabrics & ability to be creative within price points
- Experience in working on garment costings would be advantageous
- In-depth knowledge of garment specifications and good understanding of garment construction
- Confident presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with, and build good internal and external working relationships.
- A team player and someone who works well under their own initiative.
- Well organised and attentive to detail.
- Self-motivated. Ability to work to multiple deadlines and in a fast paced environment.
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Enjoys a vibrant and busy office culture and with a flexible approach.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Product Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly