Senior Manager Ethical Trade
Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience.
zLabels is Zalando’s fashion subsidiary. Located in the heart of Berlin, we develop fashion brands handling every step in the product lifecycle from initial design right through to distribution. When designing for new labels we draw inspiration from haute couture collections and young unconventional designers. We have a wide range of fashion labels and brands: from sporty men’s fashion to refined women’s wear up to modern kids shoe collections. Some of our brands and labels like mint&berry, Zign and Twintip have become extremely successful during the last few years, establishing ourselves as a professional fashion company. We plan to continue and build upon this success in the future.
You work in the Ethical Trade team in the beautiful surroundings of Berlin, Germany, with your reporting Director Ethical Trade, your team; and build strong co-operation with @source field teams, vendors, suppliers and factories.
- You'll be responsible for the Ethical Trade programme development and implementation and lead multiple Ethical Trade and Environment projects
- You'll lead a team of 2-4 Berlin-based staff and report to the Team Lead of Sustainability
- You'll develop strong co-operative relationships with @source teams, CSR Zalando in HQ, internal stakeholders, such as Strategic Vendor Management and Product Teams, and external stakeholders, such as Third Party Service Providers, vendors and industry collaborators
- You'll ensure that the supply chain is monitored and evaluated, providing continuous status reporting to the Team Lead of Sustainability and @source teams, and providing clear regular overviews to vendors of their compliance status and corrective action plans
- You'll support developing an Ethical Trade strategy, and build robust and relevant sustainable initiatives to address key challenges, leveraging co-operation from all stakeholders and delivering to key calendar deadlines
- You'll ensure ongoing development of the Ethical Trade systems database, tools, manuals and processes to meet business demand
- You'll handle crisis communications, plan investigations and resolve challenges successfully in a timely and delicate manner
- You'll engage with key stakeholders, designing and delivering relevant communications and via trainings
- You'll contribute to external annual reports, press and media releases with our CSR and communications team
- You'll travel to source and vendor locations for up to 30%, but only as necessary
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- You are a bachelor’s degree level graduate, minimum, in technical production, CSR or a relevant subject matter
- You have 6-8 years’ robust experience in ethical trading strategy and factory ethical trade compliance program management, with footwear, apparel and/or accessories brands or retailers, or with industry bodies overseeing audit quality, with experience in environmental management
- You have an established network of experts and have a working knowledge of international best practice standards
- You have a hands-on mentality; ability to translate expert supply chain knowledge into action plans for the organization
- You have great communication skills, with ability to create positive outcomes with multiple groups
- You’re an educator and have experience mentoring staff and overseeing their career development and training plans
- You have proven leadership experience, enjoy managing a team, training skills and very good interpersonal skills
- You have an ability to develop strategic direction and approaches to supply chain challenges
- You are a fast decision-maker and are solutions-orientated, with enthusiasm and determination to see-through projects to success
- You have personal integrity and professional conduct that reflects company Code of Conduct values
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. What you're doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the chance to work on the world's best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing international company. What else? We do of course have a lot more to offer:
- Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
- A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results – our motto: Every Day is a Casual Friday
- A dynamic and highly motivated international team of experts to inspire and support you
- Also a feel-good team: We don't just work well together, we also like to get together after work
- Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
- The security of an expanding company with more than 10,000 employees and a company pension scheme
- Everything your retail-loving heart could desire thanks to our attractive employee discounts in our online shop
- An easily accessible workplace right on the main arteries of the hottest Berlin districts
WANT TO JOIN US?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your online application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact Stefanie via email