Buyer (Bags) - Topshop
Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join our Bags team here at TOPSHOP. This is one of our key departments and we are looking for an individual with a strong non-clothing background, used to working in fast paced environment.
As a Buyer at TOPSHOP you will be responsible for overseeing one of our industry-leading Buying teams to develop and deliver innovative product ranges, drive profit and influence the Brand's product strategy. The role provide a high level of autonomy in a managing your own department and making key business decisions.
• You will have a strong focus on anticipating and meeting the needs of the TOPSHOP customer, creating a balanced, innovative Bags range, looking at price point, quality and standards.
• Responsible for implementing the strategic direction and financial plans for a specific product category.
• Be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with external third parties/suppliers.
• Negotiate price, delivery and terms to support the business objectives.
• Attend trade shows, buying trips and competitor shopping trips.
• Working closely with the Merchandiser you will balance trading and planning to create timely and exciting ranges for our stores.
• Working closely with Design to capture and develop the latest trends, and with Technologists to ensure that fabric and fit satisfies our high quality standards.
• Creative eye is imperative as is the ability to strongly interpret trends into designs/products for the TOPSHOP customer.
• Be able to analyse the business and react in a timely manner.
• Train, lead and develop a team of Assistant Buyers and a BAA's
• Currently be working at a Buyer level for a fast paced fashion retailer.
• Have proven success at buying and trading your own area
• Have expertise within the desired product area of Bags
• Have an established track record of driving business forward
• Be able to demonstrate pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration.
• Possess excellent commercial awareness and ability to drive profit.
• Good analytical skills, excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Display excellent inter-personal and presentation skills.
• Proven experience of managing and developing a team.
• Have a genuine passion for all things non-clothing!
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.
Apply for Buyer (Bags) - Topshop
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly