Gerber Pattern Cutter
Our client, a successful and reputable womenswear supplier to the high street stores are recruiting for a creative, Gerber trained Pattern Cutter to join an established Jersey and Woven team on Maternity cover.
- The pattern cutter will be responsible for all pattern alterations on sealer and production packs (including all relevant paperwork)
- Gerber use essential to ensure all patterns are approved and factory/production ready and in line with the critical path.
- Main day-to-day duties are assessing the garment and ensuring that it is well balanced, fits the intended customer and is suitable to progress into sealers and then production.
- Assessment is based on several factors, including fit comments, garment itself and the pattern.
- The job involves pattern amendments and corrections, alterations, re-balancing, re-blocking, preparing patterns for production and general problem solving.
- Fully Gerber literate including version 8.2
- Excellent pattern cutting skills with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to see and solve issues on a garment and amend pattern accordingly
- Accurate paperwork updates
- Understanding and managing relevant areas of Critical Path
- Ability to work in a team as well as drive own workload through
- To understand the importance of critical time lines and possess the ability to work well under pressure
- Communicate with factory and deal with their queries quickly and accurately
- To create and enforcing company Gerber Pattern Cutter's procedures and rules