This is a fantastic opportunity for a mid-level Multiproduct Designer who is looking to pursue their career in a Head Office function, for a major High Street Supplier based in a vibrant part of London.
You will be designing and developing trend led multiproduct that falls in line with customer requirements and values, and also target margin. You will be expected to present the designs back to the customer.
You will keep your finger on the pulse in terms of emerging trends through blogs, trend websites and catwalk shows and be able to translate into your own designs.
Ideally you will also have knowledge of garment construction and an understanding of the manufacturing process within tailoring and softs, and be very keen to learn.
Womenswear Designer- The Role
- Design and develop aesthetically pleasing products.
- Demonstrate knowledge of trends, collating and presenting information through trend presentations and mood boards.
- Attend competitor shopping trips.
- Source and develop fabrics and trims that fall in line costing requirements, attending fabric fayres when required.
- Follow sketches through from discussing initial draft with pattern cutters to reviewing final garment before sending to the customer.
- Mitigate and resolve with the Garment Technician on any issues related to fit and construction.
- Prioritize workloads to tight deadlines.
Womenswear Designer- The Candidate
- Ideally a minimum of 2yrs industry experience, working for a Fast Fashion High Street Supplier.
- Experience of designing across Tailoring & Softs is preferable,
- Must hold a can-do attitude and ability to work in highly pressurised situations.
- Creative and innovative with commercial awareness, and trend interpretation.
- Has a Fashion Design degree qualification.
- Has thorough understanding of pattern making and garment construction.
- Team player.
Womenswear Designer- The Company
My client is a Design led business who design and create for a wide range of leading High Street retailers. They pride themselves on interpretation of trends and the swift progression from initial design through to final delivery.
They are looking for a hardworking candidate to join their friendly business. This is a great opportunity that does not want to be missed. Please send your CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.