Lead Country Merchandiser - Specialties
Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience.
Our Category Management Team is passionate about fashion and lifestyle. We want customers to find the perfect fashion and lifestyle products for them, from shoes and clothing and accessories. Category Management’s task is to put together an on-trend and profitable selection of products. We love discovering new brands and products for the Zalando shops, but finding the right trends is only one aspect, as we also need to keep track of our KPIs and processes. Constant exchange with other departments like logistics, content and photo production, the onsite team and marketing ensures that we act in line with the whole organisation. In the end, we are all working towards the same goal: to create an excellent experience for our customers at Zalando.
Zalando wants mountaineers: become a part of our Berlin team and take charge of a role to climb up to the pinnacle of the online fashion world, to start immediately.
- You will manage and lead a team of country merchandisers
- You will be the leading voice and decision maker of business topics
- You will liaise with your counterparts (lead merchandisers) to drive cross categories topics and projects
- You will share the strategy for the category Specialties with your team so that they can give input on local highlights and opportunities to their markets
- You will liaise with marketing and performance channels to determine how category goals can be met (local campaigns, key trading events, stock risk situation)
- You will work closely with onsite management together with the country merchandisers to ensure relevant onsite navigation and content according to customer behavior and seasonality
- You will ensure relevant and current assortment content is made visible to the customer across all touchpoints
- You will drive business-wide and diverse cross functional projects
WHAT YOU'VE GOT
- You have gained at least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar function
- You have profound knowledge of trends, customer needs and competitive landscape in the online fashion market
- You have strong analytical and retail math skills
- You have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- You have very strong organization skills and have proven to successfully achieve results in a matrix organization
- You have a successful track record of managing a team
- You have a result-oriented mentality with a strong drive to get things done
- You are able to adapt quickly to changes in a fast moving environment
- You have a positive and open minded attitude
- You are a team player
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. What you're doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the chance to work on the world's best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing international company. What else? We do of course have a lot more to offer:
- Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
- A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results – our motto: Every Day is a Casual Friday
- A dynamic and highly motivated international team of experts to inspire and support you
- Also a feel-good team: We don't just work well together, we also like to get together after work
- Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
- The security of an expanding company with more than 11,000 employees and a company pension scheme
- Everything your retail-loving heart could desire thanks to our attractive employee discounts in our online shop
- An easily accessible workplace right on the main arteries of the hottest Berlin districts
WANT TO JOIN US?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your online application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact Francisco via email.