Junior Finance Analyst
5 days left
- Job Type
A BIT ABOUT
Operating at the heart of our business, Shared Services offer efficiencies to all of our Brands by providing centralised resources and competitive synergies for the Group. The Shared Services teams work across all Brands and are responsible for a huge range of activities from delivering product to over 30 countries worldwide, to achieving award winning store designs and handling 100,000 Customer Care calls each year. Within Shared Services there are over 1,000 employees working across 16 distinctive departments including IT, Finance, HR, Logistics, PR, Property, Digital and Purchasing.
With Arcadia's commitment to expand both UK and globally, and to ensure our customers get the best possible experience wherever they are, some projects are underway to invest in our systems and supply chain infrastructure. These projects involves an significant investment over a 3 year period which includes delivering a new Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Global Supply Chain (GSC) solution, and expansion of our Distribution Centres.
The Finance Analyst, reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, will support the day to day finance activities of the Horizon Programme. This includes helping to deliver accurate and timely reporting to facilitate Senior Stakeholders ability to meet their financial budgets and objectives. The successful candidate will have direct involvement in these projects and has the opportunity to make an impact and influence.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Prepare and consolidate detailed budgets and forecasts for the programme, including both capital and revenue spend.
- Preparation of monthly cost review packs on programme performance.
- Maintain and control the Risks, Opportunities, Issues and Dependencies log.
- Maintain project cost trackers, identifying and investigating any variances and tracking resource spend.
- Liaise with Spectrum for Arcadia (third party Logistics operator) and challenge costs.
- Ensure best practice financial controls are in place and expense procedures are adhered to.
- Working with other Finance resources (including Systems Finance Managers) to gain latest forecasts across the programme and assisting in preparation of Board presentations.
- Ensure reporting, reviewing and monitoring process develops in line with the project and the Projects’ Stakeholder requirements.
- Providing ad hoc commercial support.
- Professional, proactive, resilient and analytical individual with the ability to deal effectively with colleagues at all levels across the Group.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, confident and professional with a track record of developing strong working relationships with both finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Experience of Project financial analysis and Business Partnering through being a team player whilst being able to challenge effectively.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
THE EXCITING PART (benefits may change between grades)
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- A special treat when you join us!
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Apply for Junior Finance Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly