A leading fast-fashion UK high-street retailer; my client is looking for a well-established Assistant Merchandiser, who is looking to continue to grow their merchandising career. With a clear PDP outlined, there is great opportunity for quick career progression. You will be given the opportunity to have a wide remit, working with autonomy, but with a great support network around you.
A leading fast-fashion UK high-street retailer, with a growing international presence, and a varied product offer.
Located in Berkshire, the business is easily accessible by car or public transport, and under an hour from Central London.
The key responsibilities of the Assistant Merchandiser will involve:
- Assist the Merchandiser in the delivery of the sales, stock turn and contribution budgets across the department
- To conduct regular trading reviews alongside the Merchandiser with the Buying teams to maximise sales and manage stock levels across the department(s)
- To identify current and future trading opportunities, and advise Merchandiser
- Identify and manage any trading risks, and advise Merchandiser
- To set up, maintain and update the Sales, Stocks, Intakes and Markdowns on the WSSI's and to review them regularly. Inform the Merchandiser of any recommendations
- To assist in the strategic planning with the WSSI, LP's, Option Planning and Assortment Planning
- Identify and report stock overages and shortages against the WSSI's and report them to the Merchandiser
- Assist the Merchandiser with informing actions as necessary to the Buying Controller and Buyers
- To oversee the maintenance of the Line projections
- To recommend styles for the markdown list to the Merchandiser, and implement as necessary
- Responsible for changes to season codes
- To understand regional differences and apply this knowledge to all commercial recommendations and decisions
- Manage weekly intake and update key stakeholders accordingly
- Manage the training and development of the Trainee Merchandiser, overseeing their daily workload, and supervising their actions
- Ensuring current commitment records have been maintained accurately
- Awareness of the development of the range and option plans
- Responsible for the checking, updating and maintaining of store and style grading ensuring all opportunities are maximised and any problems de-risked
- Working with the Merchandiser to co-ordinate planograms, and communicating this to the Space Planning team and Store Operations
To be success for the role of Assistant Merchandiser within this business you will be operating as an established Assistant Merchandiser already, and keen to continue to build your merchandising career within a solid training and development ground within this retailer's HQ in Berkshire.
A competitive salary and package in-line with market expectations. Great on-boarding, and continuous training.