Creative Gerber Pattern Cutter
The Gerber Creative Pattern Cutter is responsible for producing accurate first patterns working on woven and smart jersey dresses and soft separates demonstrating a flair for women’s young fashion and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Customers include Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Coast, ASOS, Very, Monsoon and Next.
- Use of Gerber 10.01 system to produce accurate first patterns from initial design concept/sketch for dresses and soft separates.
- Liaise with designers on first patterns and prototypes providing creative input as required to ensure patterns work perfectly.
- Liaise with the Sample Machinists and sample room on prototype development.
- Assess suitability of garment design for selected cloth and create patterns taking any restrictions from this assessment into consideration.
- Put toiles into work where required, to ensure patterns will produce samples to correct spec from an aesthetic and technical point of view.
- Complete technical paperwork to accompany patterns.
- Complete fit log/size chart with pattern measurements.
- Attend fit meetings as required.
- Gerber Creative Pattern Cutter with a least 4 years’ experience in women’s woven and smart jersey dresses and soft separates for the high street.
- A commercial and current eye for young fashion.
- Excellent understanding of fit and construction from a customer and factory capability perspective.
- Speed and accuracy able to interpret the designers sketch for the target customer.
- Flexible, reliable and accustomed to working to tight deadlines.
- Proactive team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and confident.