Assistant Purchasing and Production Manager
Assistant Purchasing and Production Manager: Job Description
Thomas Lyte is an exciting modern luxury brand specialising in exquisite leather accessories and silverware. Renowned as one of the world’s greatest trophy makers, we are experts in the design and creation of premium trophies, bespoke awards and medals.
We also create bespoke pieces and are industry leaders in the corporate gifts sector. Working with prestigious clients all over the world, specialising in bespoke and luxury tailored gifting.
The company also has a growing Retail presence through our own website and various other channels.
We are looking for a bright, ambitious and flexible individual to join the purchasing and production team. The chosen individual will assist in sourcing silverware, leather wares, technology products and many more across the different areas of the business. The role includes…
- Setting up briefs and product requests from sales orders with detailed Information to send to the manufacturer.
- Source and purchase goods for stock and for bespoke orders.
- Raise & place Purchase Orders with manufacturers following sign off from the Head of Production on stock or bespoke orders
- Ensure all orders in production are on time and communicated internally through critical path management
- Create & maintain Bills of Materials for all manufactured products
- Experience working with global suppliers and the ability to source new suppliers
- Manage and communicate factory plans to relevant manufacturers in Europe and the Far East after confirmation
- Maintain strong supplier relationships.
- Review product samples and feedback to manufacturers
- Production Management - Attend relevant buy meetings with the Managers
- Sound knowledge of development and production processes and critical path management.
- Assist on product development
- Liaise with fabric and trim departments on ex-mill dates and trim available dates.
- Ensure presentation documents are fully prepared for product buys and sales presentations.
- Create dockets, ensuring suppliers are sent copies in a timely manner on stock and bespoke orders
- Prepare weekly exception reports for review by Head of production
- Manage the Purchase order process on all orders
- Review and update critical path on a daily basis and take any action necessary to ensure timely deliveries.
- Manage supplier payments with Finance
- Update critical path with received/sent sample dates.
- Update Fast React daily - raise styles and orders, log samples in and manage the critical path using the system
- Work with Freight companies to ensure best possible prices are obtain to ship stock and bespoke orders
- Follow and update shipping critical path on all stock and bespoke orders.
Positive, self-motivated team player able to communicate effectively with internal/external parties.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with Sage 200 or similar (SAP)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- High attention to detail is essential
- An interest in product and design
- Computer literate (MS Outlook / Word / Excel)
- High competence with MS Excel
- Quick thinking and problem solving ability is crucial
- Able to juggle multiple projects
- Competent in Illustrator or Photoshop
Apply for Assistant Purchasing and Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly