Fashioning Futures – Industry to Teaching Programme
London, West End
Imagine a job where you nurture and develop the next generation of fashion industry experts, culture creators, industry leaders, entrepreneurs, industry disruptors. Imagine a job where you get the chance to make a positive difference and change people’s lives.
That’s what our people do…
We’re in the business of transforming young people’s lives. Not only do we change lives, but our students are making positive changes in the fashion retail industry right now. There has never been a more exciting time to join us.
The Fashion Retail Academy (Ofsted outstanding) is a unique, industry led college. Founded by retail giants, we offer a range of exclusive Fashion courses with unparalleled industry involvement to ensure our students gain the skills and contacts needed to successfully progress to employment.
Supported by and working closely with over 140 fashion brands, we offer a wide range of specialist fashion Diploma, Degree and Short courses, many of these exclusive to the FRA, for students of all ages with start dates throughout the year. Our courses are developed to provide our students with a combination of in-depth Fashion Retail knowledge and hands-on practical work experience in the industry.
Our Industry-to-Teaching Training Programme is a bespoke development programme for talented fashion retail professionals seeking to educate and influence fashion’s next generation and take their own careers to the next level.
Who is the programme for?
- A creative and seasoned fashion industry professional with a range of relevant specialist skills
- Inspiring and passionate about the industry
- Interested in a change of career or you would like to create a portfolio career
- Passionate about making a positive difference and changing lives
- Keen to inspire young people in education
- You must have considerable professional experience in the fashion retail industry in your own business, head office roles or a combination.
Your specialist skills must align with one or more of the FRA’s subject areas including:
Buying and Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Retail Operations, Public Relations, Fashion Design, Garment Technology, Marketing, e-Commerce, Digital, Social Media and Communications, Graphic & Digital Design, UX and UI, Data Analytics, Consumer Behaviour, Global Retail Markets, Visual Fashion Communication and Styling, Fashion Sustainability etc.
- Minimum of grade C/4 or above at GCSE in English and Maths
- Hold a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
It is essential that you are:
- Inspiring and passionate about education and young people
- Collaborative, self-motivated, innovative with creative flair
- Passionate about the fashion industry
- Share our values
- Able to commit time and effort to successfully complete the programme
- Passionate about learning and personal growth
How to apply:
Please visit our Fashioning Futures Industry-to-Teaching programme homepage for more information and to apply.
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by 5pm on Monday 31 May 2021.