Senior Sales Manager
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for growing revenue across all sales channels in a profitable and sustainable way to identify, propose and implement new business opportunities and provide sales follow up. The successful candidate will have a minimum 8 years’ experience in WRTW and runway fashion with a proven track record in devising and delivering a measured attainable global sales strategy.
- Plan, implement, develop and deliver the sales strategy (2 seasons) in line with brand growth targets.
- Drive business development and expansion strategies to strengthen the brand’s market position.
- Ensure sales plans are set and adhered to for all markets and channels.
- Evaluate and execute new business opportunities whilst working with key internal stakeholders (marketing, creative, finance, etc.).
- Work with the Creative Director and MD to offer strategic guidance to achieve desired results in product (range, pricing, quality of make), while ensuring that timelines and budgets are met. Provide constant feedback and advice to the Design team regarding commercial reality of collection and products.
- Work with Creative team to ensure the structured and successful launch of new product categories.
- Work with Marketing and the Creative Director to develop and oversee effective marketing strategies to further evolve brand awareness and boost sales.
- Manage and strategically analyse the product offering. Benchmark pricing and assist on the merchandising of the range. Lead pricing strategy for all product, with support from Finance.
- Plan, manage, and launch seasonal ranges in all markets within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Consider showroom requirements, implement displays and manage the showroom and look book campaigns.
- Oversee timely and accurate forecasting of bookings, sales and returns.
- Produce regular selling reports during market to feedback relevant data to the Design team and management.
- Ensure the Sales team are communicating the product features and the overall collection themes correctly.
- Develop and nurture strong business relationships with key stockists and ensure opportunities for growth are maximised.
- Seasonal travel to promote brand in key regions and understand brand perception and opportunities.
- Negotiation with large department stores and key accounts in strategic locations to ensure wholesale sales targets are achieved, considering corners and installations in line with the Sales Plan.
- Work closely with the Marketing team ensuring cohesive use of sales trips, social media initiatives, press days, etc., to provide brand exposure for maximum number of sales channels.
- Manage, lead and nurture a team of 2, (Sales Manager and Sales Coordinator).
- Recruit, train, manage, lead and retain team members as required.
- Oversee Wholesale distribution and logistics, liaising with production on delivery times (the brand deliver early).
- Research and consider regional need for agents and distributors and develop contacts to implement where appropriate.
- Wholesale Manager or Senior Sales Manager with a minimum 8 years’ luxury WRTW and Runway experience.
- Excellent global market awareness across all channels including the US and Middle East.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to plan strategically and present new ideas.
- Strong relationship builder and self-starter.
- Clear and confident communicator.
- Results focused.
- An inspirational leader and manager with a positive spirit.
- Exceptional negotiation and problem-solving skills.