Pattern Cutter - Creative Manual
We are currently working with a friendly, trend led and expanding ladieswear supplier of young fashion across womenswear. They are now looking for a Creative Manual Pattern Cutter to join their team in London.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Creating first pattern from sketches.
- Interpreting fit comments and translating into pattern amendments, ensuring final garment are as required on spec.
- Understanding of how fit amendments can impact on cost and ensuring styles are re costed and production and design team are informed about the changes.
- Liaising with designers and garment tech providing creative input as required to ensure patterns work perfectly. Always thinking how to make the garment easier for production and with a good finishing.
- Offering constructive advice to resolve fit and production issues.
- Prioritising effectively and ensuring patterns and sample are ready on time.
- Putting toiles into work where required, to ensure patterns will produce correct samples.
- Checking the correct fabric for the style and putting the garment to be cut.
- Measuring samples and checking the fitting ensuring they are correct before sending to the costumer.
- Creating make up sheets and updating workbooks.
- Ideally 3 years experience in high street fashion - womenswear (mainly woven).
- Excellent pattern cutter skills.
- Complete understanding of fit and garment construction.
- Understand the production process thoroughly.
- Excellent knowledge about stitching and garment finishing.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and meet the goals.
- Pro active and good in find solutions.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude.
- Be a good team player able to liaise with other departments.
- Enthusiastic and confident.