Womenswear Junior Buyer- 1 Year FTC
What the role is
For a talented junior buyer to get the opportunity to be exposed to a luxury fashion buying department and how it operates. Reporting to the Buying Manger, the junior buyer will plan, source, select and manage a selection of existing and new brands and designers which fit the target customer profile across all channels, ensuring business and financial objectives are met. Manage and oversee the workload of the Assistant Buyer, ensuring that comprehensive administrative and operational support is delivered.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the Buying Manager to develop the seasonal strategy, to include brand/designer mix in line with identified range plans.
- Achieving targeted sales, margin and profit on the designated area of business.
- Optimising and driving the best results both in-season and at season-end, ensuring the most profitable results for your department.
- Sourcing and selecting relevant new brands and partnerships.
- Building strong relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Conduct buying appointments and meetings both in the UK and overseas.
- Reporting and presenting on your category’s performance.
- Representing MATCHESFASHION.COM as a key point of contact within both the internal and external business community.
- Managing and developing junior team members.
- Keeping abreast of all fashion and market trends, new brands, designers and market influencers.
- Solid global experience in a similar role
- Highly creative and idea-focused
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in an exciting fast-paced environment
- Organised and have a strong attention to details.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven experience as high-level Assistant Buyer or existing Junior Buyer within a luxury retail/eCommerce environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Have a proven ability to problem solve and manage time in a productive and efficient manner.
- Ability to work as a part of a team and on own initiative.
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Awareness of market and fashion trends.
If you are passionate, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment then please apply with the below:
- CV with dates of employment
- Cover letter
- Salary details
- Notice period