Working with a brand, this exciting Swimwear Designer opportunity seeks a talented individual who will be responsible for the creation and development of seasonal swimwear collections. If you share a passion for beautifully designed and fitted swimwear and have design experience in this product category, this could be the perfect job for you!
Swimwear Designer – The Job Outline:
Working as part of a close knit design team, whilst your priority focus will be swimwear, you will provide additional support on lingerie and sports during busy periods.
- Design and develop directional & commercial swimwear & co-ordinated ranges which fits the brand profile
- Research product, shape, fabrics, trims and colour trends in the market, using a variety of resources e.g. comparative shopping, trade and fashion shows, online subscriptions and trend prediction agencies.
- Create and develop colour palettes and mood boards for presentation to the Sales, Marketing and Product teams.
- Create CADs to provide drawings or sketches for product concepts in line with the seasonal brief and finished artwork for presentations.
- Working to a design brief to develop product that meets the agreed price points, target margins and be fit for purpose.
- Present product in an organised and confident manner at internal design meetings, sales conferences and product workshops.
- Develop supplier relationships in conjunction with Supply Chain team. Sourcing exclusive raw materials, prints and trims. Identifying minimum quantity and cost issues that may affect margins and production levels.
- Progress and monitor selected styles through the design and development process, producing all necessary information including bills of materials, supplier information and colour standards.
- Work with garment technologists and graders through the product fit process to ensure the integrity of the design aspect and performance standards. Ensuring any changes are flagged up with the Lead Designer and Product team.
- Provide costing packs to manufacture(s) within given timeframe.
- Responsible for initial price negotiation with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Effectively risk assess every style with garment and fabric tech teams to ensure all styles are suitable to proceed to production, identify areas of concern or issues that may arise, and how to effectively manage those areas.
- Prioritise workload in line with the Design Calendar and Critical Path. To ensure sampling for Design meetings, key markets presentation and sales exec samples are of the required standard and are on time.
Swimwear Designer – The Person Specification:
- Design experience within swimwear or lingerie (min. 2-3 years). Ideal applicant will have relevant degree studies.
- Creative design skills. Ability to translate key trends into commercial ranges and ensure these are inline with the ethos of the brand.
- Highly competent Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop skills.
- To proactively contribute to the development of new ideas and initiatives
- Product design experience and garment make-up knowledge.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Team player within your own department and across the wider business.
- A confident communicator, with excellent presentation skills. Ability to present new concepts, seasonal ranges to internal teams.
Applicants are requested to submit a selection of relevant design work samples with their application.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.