Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. They now have an opportunity based in Yorkshire for Design Manager.
Design Manager - The Role:
- Provide consistent support to the Head of Design in all areas of the design and technical development process and team management.
- Lead, inspire and deliver a strong, uncompromising creative point of view .
- Together with the Head of Design be accountable and responsible for the design of the collections and ranges. Designing and creating concepts that move into viable, exciting textiles, ensuring the business meets the ever-changing demands of the market.
- Together with the Head of Design work on design led concepts for our portfolio and with strategic customers to develop and implement new products in line with the market and brand; with a focus on building a leading market position.
- Provide guidance and support to the Head of Design in the development of the creative vision and direction by providing the relevant expertise and insight required.
- Work collaboratively with insight provided from product management to help shape and create product opportunities into tangible market leading products.
- Ensure that creativity, together with innovation and environmental sustainability remains the focus.
- Ensure all products are fit for purpose and meet the required performance specifications, environmental aspects, aesthetics and costs as the product development request details.
Design Manager- The Candidate:
- Educated to University Degree level or equivalent.
- Be honest, sincere and genuine with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding technical textile design skills including surface pattern and weave.
- Strong conceptional skills to work up ideas and have an energy in presenting ideas and concepts.
- A creative visionary who is passionate about the power of design to change the world.
- Proven ability to demonstrate new solutions and creativity, whilst assessing its commerciality.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams, project management and product development, often managing multiple projects with a broad range of internal and external constituents simultaneously and with tight deadlines for project completion.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Have a desire to be the best in everything you do with an ability to creative and inspiring culture.
Design Manager - The Package:
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.