Senior Fabric Technical Manager
Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have a pivotal role for a Senior Fabric Technical Manager to join their Sri Lanka office.
Senior Fabric Technical Manager - The Role:
- Source and manage the fabric supply base and expand the network in the South Asia Region.
- Work with the relevant fabric technologists and merchandisers to ensure fabric procedures and systems are both understood and adhered to
- Ensure effective and consistent mill evaluation
- Train the supply base and undertake supplier viability assessment
- Oversee base fabric approvals and bulk fabric performance
- Provide expert advice to team and business to ensure fabrics perform as specified at the required (or better price).
- Colour management from lab dip through to bulk
- Schedules Sri Lankan, Pakistan and Indian annual mill, laundry and print plant evaluations
Senior Fabric Technical Manager - The Candidate:
- Degree Certificate in a Technical Textile Qualification or a minimum of 10 years work experience in a similar capacity
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook)
- Proven experience in mentoring a cross functional team
- Experience in quality compliance & auditing
- Previous experience in manufacturing & sourcing in Asia
- In depth knowledge of EU legislation and REACH compliance
- Full understanding of fabric testing standards & methodology
Senior Fabric Technical Manager - The package:
- Competitive salary + benefits.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.