This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a Design Manager with a solid background in home textiles and soft furnishings to get their teeth into. You will be responsible for managing a small, UK based design team for a large and successful leading Manufacturer of home textiles.
This role is extremely hands on so a background in print design for FMCG and commercial home textile products is essential, as is the ability to design – both digitally and by hand. You will also be the main UK point of contact for several exciting UK retailers, so account management is also a big part of this role.
Design Manager –Home Textiles/Soft Furnishings- The Role:
- Lead the design team, take the initiative for new design and ideas.
- Responsible for researching and passionately setting the direction for ranges seasonally, to bring fresh ideas to the table
- Creative, fast fashion and highly trend led print based
- Design prints for the UK high street, both by hand and digitally.
- Identifying the next big thing in the womenswear print market.
- Key point of contact for several UK retail customers so account management is a big part of this role too.
- Manage the whole design process, working closely with customer and offshore factory.
- Communicate to all levels in HQ, Merchandising, and suppliers
- Liaise with offshore merchandising team.
- Overseas travel for inspiration and to travel to business headquarters.
Design Manager – Home Textiles/Soft Furnishings - The Candidate:
- Extensive experience in a similar role is essential – as an existing Design Manager with experience of managing a small team, or potentially a Senior Designer with solid experience of account management looking for the next step up.
- Highly fashion focused and trend led with proven experience of working with fast fashion UK High Street and Volume retailers is essential
- Must be able to design stylish and beautiful yet commercial prints
- Must have excellent CAD skills as well as the ability to design by hand.
- Familiar with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and MS Office
- Looking for a confident candidate with experience in managing customer accounts.
- Exceptional presentation, organisational and management skills
- Ability to manage a small internal team is essential.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required.
Only applications accompanied by a portfolio will be considered.
Please submit via email a CV in a word document format, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 11931 PP
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.