This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a Design Manager with a solid background in home bedding and textiles to get their teeth into. You will be responsible for managing a small, UK based design team for a large, successful international home textile business.
This role is extremely hands on so a background in print design for commercial home textile products is essential, as is the ability to design – both digitally and by hand. You should have experience in designing all aspects of bed linen including prints, jacquard, dobby and embroidery. In an ideal world we would love someone with an additional flair for designing bedding for kids!
You will also be the main UK point of contact for a number of exciting UK retailers so account management is also a big part of this role.
Design Manager - Home Textiles - The Role:
- Lead the design team, take the initiative for new design and ideas.
- Responsible for researching and passionately setting the direction for ranges seasonally, to bring fresh ideas to the table
- Design prints for home bedding and textiles for the UK high street, both by hand and digitally.
- Key point of contact for a number of UK retail customers so account management is a big part of this role too.
- Manage the whole design process, working closely with customer and also offshore factory.
- Communicate to all levels in HQ, Merchandising, and suppliers
- Liaise with offshore merchandising team.
- Overseas travel for inspiration and to travel to business headquarters.
Design Manager - Home Textiles - The Candidate:-
- Extensive experience in a similar role is essential – as an existing Design Manager with experience of managing a small team, or potentially a Senior Designer with solid experience of account management looking for the next step.
- A background in home textiles / bedding is essential. You should be trend driven with a keen eye for homewares as well as fashion, and always looking to spot the next big thing in bedlinen!
- Must be able to design stylish and beautiful yet commercial prints for home bedding and textiles.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 11762 KK.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.