Head of Design (Womenswear) - The Company
This is an exciting opportunity to join a manufacturer in Delhi. They are looking for a talented and experienced Head of Design - Womenswear to join a team of 4. The business produces soft womenswear - tops, skirts and dresses mainly for the US value retailers.
Head of Design (Womenswear) - The Role
- Head the Design team of 4
- Develop ranges and collections based on mood boards and aspiration brands of customers
- Collaborate with customer's design teams on projects
- Lead the team to design trend-led products across multi product areas and across multiple accounts
- Be technically aware and guide the sampling unit on tech packs, patterns etc
- Feeding back to the rest of the team efficiently; to the merchandiser re: any issues with fit or where the spec has not been followed, to design assistants to give clear direction on research and trend info, and to sales/account managers so to hand over any styles that the buyer has requested – being aware of price and delivery info.
- Show presentation and selling skills, back up ideas shown with good market information to give the customer confidence in what we are showing them is right.
- Manage the career development of the team
Head of Design (Womenswear)- The Candidate
- This position is looking for previous trend led womenswear design experience working within multi product areas
- You will have a proven track record of working with US value retailers such as JC Penney, Walmart, Target etc
- You will have good experience working in a manufacturing set up
- Strong technical knowledge is required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, adaptable to change and able to work under pressure.
- You will be a strong leader commanding respect within your team as well as with other stakeholders in the business
- You must also be an effective communicator & team player to step into this challenging role and be confident at building good internal and external relationships.
- Proficient on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- You will be a well organised, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external stakeholders
If you would like to join a successful design led manufacturer in Delhi, please apply in confidence.