This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an individual with a background in fashion buying, looking for a new challenge. My client is a trend-led, womenswear online fashion brand which also sells in concessions across a number of high street retailers.
You will work closely with company Directors to range build exciting packages for the brand, across clothing, accessories and footwear. Ideal candidate will have a background across all categories but experience in footwear and accessories particularly important.
You will be travelling every few weeks to mainland Europe to source exciting new products so applicants must have valid passport and have the desire/ability to travel frequently.
Junior Buyer – The Role:
- Working with company Directors to select/buy products for trend-led womenswear fashion brand.
- Role will involve travel to mainland Europe every few weeks to source and buy exciting new products, across footwear, accessories and some apparel.
- Assemble new collections within ranges.
- Working closely with in-house Sales, Design and Merchandising, as well as Ecommerce team.
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract.
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers as well as constantly identifying new ones.
- Regularly reviewing existing items
- Constantly being aware of current and future trend and reacting to changes. Also regularly researching competitors.
- Product development.
- Working in a fast paced, fashion environment.
- As mentioned there will be regular travel within Europe. Some travel to Far East will also be required.
Junior Buyer – The Person:
- Ideal candidates will come from some kind of Buying background – be it within a brand, retail or supplier environment
- Minimum of 3+ years industry experience is required.
- Previous experience fast fashion business is essential.
- You must have a genuine, keen interest in young, fast fashion and following the latest trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential and candidates must be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- I am looking for a true self-starter who thrives in a result driven, creative environment.
- You must have the confidence and the ability to negotiate with suppliers and proactively drive the business forward.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise is essential.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and to work to tight deadlines.
- An understanding of a retail business or concession business would be extremely beneficial.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Candidates must have experience working with targets and KPIs.
- Valid UK passport required.
- Candidates must be able to travel overseas on a regular basis.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference: 11552 KK.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
£Dependent Upon Experience
0115 922 3335