Reporting to our Design and Creative Director your role will be to define and manage the process of specification of materials to deliver quality products required by the business which will excite our loyal and new consumers and continue to differentiate Fitflop as a brand, while optimizing price, profitability and supply. You’ll build strong relationships between our Asia and UK development teams, working closely with our Design Managers and our Asia Development team.
- Research material/ trend direction for current and future seasons.
- Work with management to identify supply needs.
- Recommend solutions to existing processes to reduce waste and increase quantity.
- Record and assess all materials quality, movement, and expenditure.
- Collaborate with management to plan materials strategy.
- Oversee and support in all areas of material selection process.
- Build strong relationships between Asia and UK development teams.
- Maintain current supplier relationships and negotiate costs.
- Build a portfolio of tanneries and materials suppliers that can develop and supply a range of leathers and materials as required by the Fitflop brand.
- Optimise tannery relationships in all areas of price, development and supply.
- Create a seasonal timetable fully understood by all concerned parties
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Detailed knowledge of existing and potential leather/material suppliers
- Footwear and shoemaking – constructions, materials, cost components, etc.
- Understanding of current footwear market trends.
- MS Office proficiency with advanced Excel
- Full understanding of product costing process.
- Understanding of planning a product range and the role of cost within the margin calculation
- Challenge and continuously seek improvement in quality, cost and accuracy of delivery of materials.
- Instinctive recognition of effect of materials to good and bad aesthetic appeal, fit, quality and price of a shoe to its target consumer
- Working with people from different countries (in sources or sales territories).
- Demonstrated ability to conceive/create new thinking and ideas pertaining to the product and process.
- Ability to create consensus and work cooperatively with a team.
- Effective presentation skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organization and Project Management skills.
- Ability to travel when required during the development season.
- Strong project management skills and able to work to deadlines.
Competitive Salary + Bonus & Benefits