Our client is a leading menswear brand house offering a range of heritage to fashion, men’s and boys’ apparel looking to recruit a Menswear Designer/Buyer. Located on the East Coast and within easy reach of Belfast.
Menswear Designer/Buyer – The Job Outline:
- Develop comprehensive seasonal range plans, within agreed framework, for sign off by Director.
- Review trends for each season through extensive research. Carry out market research, comp shopping and travel internationally to visit shows and suppliers.
- Co-ordinate souring of suitable selections of fabric, trimming and accessories each season.
- Development of appropriate styling both trend driven and classic. Participate in the styling of each new collection of suits, jackets and trousers
- Completion and communication of new collection salesmen samples. Delivery management of new collection salesmen sample programs to meet required deadlines.
- Maintain quality standards and controls appropriate for each brand.
- Develop and apply presentation, branding, labelling and packaging which enhance the product.
- Co-operate with the Designers to achieve co-ordination across the ranges, and merchandising, in line with the seasonal design briefs and brand guidelines.
- Co-ordinate all preparation for a new collection launch each season, including: sales analysis, assist with price setting, participate in final selection of new collections and prepare sales aids.
- Co-ordinate buying each season, in conjunction with Director, production colleagues and with support of junior/assistant designers. Preparation of buying budgets.
- Monitor sales and prepare proposed purchase quantities.
- Communicate order enquiries for fabric or garments to suppliers as required. Negotiate price, delivery and payment terms as required.
- Issuance of all Purchase Orders & Issuance of bulk order standards
- Fabric or garment testing as required and processing of all fabric approvals
- Processing of all garment samples, including prototypes, pre-production and shipment.
- Creation and communication of accurate and comprehensive production packs for each order, such as stylesheet and trim guide.
Menswear Designer/Buyer – The Person Specification:
- Degree educated in Fashion Design, PD or Buying. 2years+ experience in similar menswear design and product development. Ideally tailoring, outerwear, and multi category apparel.
- Experience of preparing and planning a garment collection.
- Experience of sourcing, fabric and trim selection and accessories.
- CAD ADOBE skills to a competent level
- Ability to prioritise own workload and bring ranges together in line with brand guidelines.
- Attentive to detail, with eye for colour.
- Experience of quality management.
- Valid full driving licence, and able to travel internationally.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – email@example.com quoting our reference: 11663 AA.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.