Are you interested in alternative fashion, culture, and all things strange & unusual? Our client is an established international gothic clothing brand. They are currently looking to recruit a mid to senior-level multi product Designer to join their central Brighton based design team. The role requires an individual with industry experience in a similar role and a comprehensive knowledge of product development from initial conception through to sales.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate a flair for alternative/gothic fashion and an understanding of commercial design, possess excellent drawing skills, and have practical knowledge of garment construction.
Designer – Multi Product - The Role:
- Garment and accessories design.
- Drawing of technical flats and design sheets.
- Catalogue and presentation drawing.
- Selection and approval of fabric and trims.
- Comprehensive review of styles through formal fit and sealing.
Designer – Multi Product - The Candidate:
- Demonstrate an interest or understanding of gothic/alternative fashion.
- Would propose products that meet agreed design aesthetic & brand values.
- Would have experience working across multiple product areas.
- Understand technical specification standards and garment construction.
- Have practical knowledge and/or experience with international production methods.
- Be fluent in the use of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Be able to produce high-quality work to targets and tight deadlines.
- Will be team orientated with good communication, organisational and motivational skills.
- Be able to work without supervision but be part of a team.
Designer – Multi Product - The Package:
- Competitive dependent on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.