With over 75 years of experience designing and supplying decorative lighting to both the UK and Irish markets across multiple sales channels, our client is a distinct leader in their field. Their range of British designed decorative lighting sits well within Traditional Retail as well as Online and presents a great deal of opportunity within the Interior Design/Contract sector of the market also.
Area Sales Manager - The Role
- An exciting opportunity to join an innovative and progressive business in the decorative lighting sector. They are looking to recruit an energetic and enthusiastic trend driven individual to focus on growing the London market.
- You will be tasked with maintaining, developing and growing business within the independent retail sector – Interior & Home Furnishing Retailers, Lighting Retailers, Bathroom & Kitchen Showrooms, as well as developing and building relationships with interior designers and architects/specifiers for the development of the project sector for this decorative lighting brand.
- Calling on certain electrical wholesalers will also form part of the remit.
Area Sales Manager - The Candidate:
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record in field sales, preferably within the decorative lighting market though not essential. Experience of the home accessories, housewares, interiors, or related industries would also be a distinct advantage.
- At least 3 years field sales experience dealing with retail or commercial interior or lighting/furniture products.
- You will be a strong relationship builder with excellent business development skills and an understanding of the independent retail trade.
- Will possess B2B sales experience.
- Rapport Builder, confident & self-motivated.
- A natural pioneer who will invest time, energy and commitment to this role.
- A sense of pride in all forms of presentation.
- Located within the London area, the role is predominantly field based, involving meeting with your portfolio of customer/prospective customers daily
- Full UK Driving License
- Excellent IT skills
Area Sales Manager - The Package:
- Competitive basic salary
- Excellent Commission + Bonus + Car Allowance + Benefits
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.