Fabric Development Manager
Are you an experienced Fabric Development Manager, looking for an exciting new challenge, a lifestyle change, and an opportunity to travel and work with some of the best sourcing offices for the UK High Street?
You will be based in the Hong Kong office, having global responsibility for Fabric Souring and Development from, China, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India and Turkey.
Fabric Development Manager -The Role:
- Identify and develop key fabric trends seasonally and brief the teams across men’s, women’s and childrenswear.
- Manage all global fabric sourcing and development from teams in China, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India and Turkey.
- Source routes and manage development across departments
- Manage and expand the existing supply base across the regions
- Work with product managers, developers and designers to manage cost prices
- Manage the critical path
- Manage the day to day sourcing requests and productivity from suppliers and UK Teams.
Fabric Development Manager - The Candidate:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role with managerial knowledge
- Technical knowledge across all fabric types, woven and jersey
- Have a fashion sense and ability to identify trends
- Understanding of the textile manufacture process is essential
- Experience in fabric sourcing globally
- Proven background in cost saving and streamlining processes
- Good Management Skills
- Excellent time management and availability to travel
- Presentation skills
- Design Background is Preferred
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary to – email@example.com If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.