SikSilk are a British born, multi-site, Scarborough based, rapidly expanding global fashion brand who draw inspiration from top athletes around the world. We are looking to recruit an Accessories Designer reporting to the Head of Design to join our design team. This is an exciting opportunity for commercially minded Accessories Designer to join a well-established and rapidly growing Athleisure brand based at our head office in Scarborough. Working closely with the in-house design team and our supply network.
The role and responsibilities of an Accessories Designer:
- Creating with new ideas and designs for accessories. Products include Headwear, Socks, Bags, Trims and other accessories.
- Creating mood/ inspiration boards.
- Design detailed, precise, technical CAD designs. Ability to create 3D designs would also be of interest.
- Working to strict safety and testing requirements.
- Working closely with internal apparel designers as well as with offshore factories.
- Keeping up to date with emerging trends in athleisure and relevant areas, as well as general trends relating to accessories, colours and shapes.
- Planning and developing multi product ranges.
- Assisting with the sourcing and selecting of specialist fabrics, trims and fastenings.
- Travelling to factories to continue work with suppliers.
Essential Skills of an Accessories Designer:
- A minimum of 5 years’ commercial branded experience.
- Excellent CAD skills are essential.
- Must have experience working with specialist performance fabrics and accessories or apparel.
- Must be able to translate new ideas and ways of working – a ‘think outside the box’ approach is required.
- Candidate must be adaptable and open to change.
- Candidate must have a valid UK passport and be happy to travel as required internationally.
- Applications will only be accepted with portfolios.
The role of Accessories Designer is a full-time permanent role, with a competitive package subject to experience.