Our client is a family owned, Licensed Garment supplier to the high street. They are looking for a Compliance Manager to join their team.
Compliance Manager - The Role:
- Working with Customers, Licensors to collect their social ethical, technical, environmental, building safety, etc compliance requirements
- Working with In-country Compliance teams and Suppliers to implement Customers/Licensors compliance requirements at Factories
- Perform Factory pre-audits, assist in audit preparations
- Review compliance related processes, write up procedures where needed
- Closely follow up Factories accreditation process, booking audits, review reports/certificates, non-compliances, corrective actions, expiry dates, etc
- Knowledgeable on Sourcing country laws, regulations – or research/study as needed
- Working with the company’s supply chain checking traceability and validation of all paperwork
- Monitor the supply base through pro-active management of audit programme, drive improvement through ongoing work with suppliers and with the support of the In-country teams
- Support the business with the ethical compliance programme for the group, undertaking investigations into potential ethical compliance issues
- Manage customer/licensor specific compliance requirements, communication and attend regular meetings
- Form close relationships with suppliers, customers, licensors
- Great understanding of ethical audit programs: ETI, SMETA, BSCI, WALMART, etc.
- Knowledge of sustainability & environmental programs: GOTS, BCI, Higg Index etc.
- Ongoing research, study, and training on latest compliance requirements
- Observe Company Rules, Standard Operating Procedures and Company Policies, particularly in relation to Health and Safety, Harassment, Disciplinary and ICT Security
- Report any findings, suggest solutions to responsible management
Compliance Manager - The Candidate:
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of factory auditing processes
- Manage customer/licensors portals
- Excellent planning/prioritising/organising skills
- Great communication skills
- Can work on own initiative
- Highly organised
Compliance Manager - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted. By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.